Few Words about the Church
“This is the village’s principal church, dedicated to Saint George the Great. Michalis Tsolakides, who had fled to Egypt but never forgot his hometown of Vavatsinia, constructed the structure in 1912 and paid for it in full. The basilica-style church is open on the 23rd of April and the 3rd of November. The church was constructed on the site of a big “Trimithia” bush where residents lit candles in honour of Saint George.